Friday, April 19, 2013

First FSA finished

It took me a while!
I actually finished two of these last week when I said I would, but didn't feel that they were worthy of having their picture put on the web...
However, I finished two more and am happier with the overall result.

FSA (Wee Friends), FSA in Chocolate Chip (UF), Al Nusra in Turkish digital pants (UF), and FSA in DPM (UF)


The FSA allows very much flexibility when it comes to dress. Overall, it is very much "western" which makes these figures look just right in my opinion.
As I said in the last post, these are Underfire and Wee Friends. I will eventually add some Caesar figures.

Now that I know these fit in so well with plastics, I am tempted by Vepa Miniatures's (by the same sculptor) Modern US series. I platoon riding in Bradley IFVs...Ohhh how nice!!!
Have a good weekend :D

Jadis says Hi


9 comments:

  1. nice stuff Ben! And also I watched the news today very well done to the police involved in catching the younger brother. really good to see he's alive and their able to get information out of him.

    a nice end to a rather shocking week around the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gowan :D
      Interesting that they are/were Chechens, I knew they had fighters in Syria and Afghanistan but not Boston.
      Good thing they got them!

      Delete
    2. I heard the Chechen president disowned them. even if their fighting for the homeland their homeland does not want them too.

      certainly interesting, also with conflicting reports on their character its going to be a while before we can pin down their motives. actually Chechen fighters were on my list of figs to get, seems rather ironic now. anyway before he's killed or whatever punishment he receives, I hope they force him to rebuild and repair what he has damaged, an old type of punishment but one I do find would still be appropriate.

      Delete
  2. Great work with those guys...
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phil. They are very easy figures to paint. Glad you like 'em!

      Delete
  3. Wooh, they´re looking excellent. Especially like the chocolate chip camo trousers! But the rest is also outstanding, you´re getting the knack ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I was especially happy with the chocolate chip as well.
      I know what you mean, these figures have a lot of raised detail on them so I had to use some new techniques.

      Delete
  4. They are really great- you did a much more imaginative job with them than I did with mine. That and your camo work is very good- got the look of Choc chip desert down pat.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete! I plan to do a couple dozen all together, so they all may not be as imaginative! I hope to use more camo on the rest of them, that's the fun part for me.

      Delete