Monday, August 6, 2012

Too Much to Mention

Its been too long for me since I last posted, now there is a buildup of items I want to share.
I've played a couple more FoF games since my last post and think I'm getting used to it. Below are some photos from two games with similar layouts. The first, US assaulting a Russian road block. The second, Russians assaulting a Heer road block. Both contemporary.
The US-Russian game.

The Heer-Russian game

My only Fuchs, I feel that I need many more!

One of my favorite pics, the BTR-80 crushing a soft top while gunning down a Heer MG team.

The BTR is hit by a Panzerfaust and the crew dismounts with casualty check.

Hmm, another favorite! A dynamic pic of the Squad returning fire on the Panzerfaust crew.

 Now, onto my Republican Guard. Sorry Paul, I kept forgetting to include them in my last posts, now I have made more progress since then anyway. These are obviously conversions judging from the poor meet of some heads, and the fact that no original figures exist in plastic representing Iraqis. These are painted in three camo patterns, Kuwaiti version of DPM; Iraqi desert blotch; and DPM.



A conversion from three figures: two Orion, and an ESCI/Mars Spetz

More ESCI/Mars with ESCI WWII US heads




I used flash to show the patterns more clearly. I hate the way flash pictures look. My attempt at DPM, ewe :-(




The bunker.
I was cleaning out some of my figure collection (no not throwing away anything good) and reorganizing them the other day when I came across some of the GHQ 6mm figure blister packs. The empty containers went into the trash when I realized that they look like bunkers. I cut a firing slit in the front and thickened the edges with hot-glue.

I cut a door in the back with a bit of card behind. The door is small but considering this bunker is about 2/3-1/2 burred in the ground it is more tolerable.

Some more of the Iraqi platoon. I've already done most of the converting, they just need basing and painting. I used Hat's US tank rider heads for most of the other guys.



My wee library. There is another military shelf not visible in the picture.

The census.
I made a quick count of my figure boxes yesterday and estimated that if there is an average of 15 cav and 45 inf in each box I have at least 5376 infantry and 480 cavalry. Now mind you, this is only an estimate, I have many more than that which where bought without boxes or the boxes were discarded. Plus this is only 20mm, I have a ton of quality 54s and 20mm artillery and accessories as well.

The March Up.
I just finished reading it. Highly recommended  to anyone interested in modern war.

Thanks for looking.
God bless America.



18 comments:

  1. Excellent looking Russians. Will we get to see any more battle reports?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Austin. The Russians are some of my favorite figures. I don't have any battles planned right now, all this fighting is wearing me out! I'll be sure to post them if I do.

      Delete
  2. Great site Ben! I game with moderns and will visit regularly - nice one mate.
    Regards,
    Monty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monty, your welcome here any time. I'm glad you enjoy my crazy little world!

      Delete
  3. very cool! nice to see some progress made

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gowan, I'm ashamed to say though that I've actually started up on Napoleonics for now...

      Delete
  4. Some great conversion work Ben, the simple conversions are usually the best. You have been very busy by the look of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them Paul. The second batch is a bit better than these, I've used the Hat tank rider heads recently and they look better.

      Delete
  5. I think you should do like a swat/sas platoon as in the Caesar special forces worldwide you get some riot shield figures and some with gas masks which look like they are from the sas. Would of been nice to see how you would of painted them and as I recently bought them an trying to get ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello anonymous! I still have a few of those figures laying about and may throw together a platoon in the future. I did already use the charging gas mask figures for a unit in NBC gear though... I painted one of the figures with the shield and will post a pic later if I can remember. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
    2. Thanks and I will be looking forward to seeing Them figures and keep up the good work. Remember! haha

      Delete
  6. Nice! Like the setup! I don't dare count my figures. If the missus finds out how many I have unpainted she will throw them out. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Count them, tell her the number of them, then give her my address ;-D

      Delete
  7. You can never have enough figs....never.

    ReplyDelete