Saturday, April 6, 2013

6mm Town Revisited

I added some walls to my "Middle East" buildings the other day and am happy with the result.
They are still quite mobile in that only a few of them have the wall permanently attached.


I think these are more suitable for more urban areas. If I make a whole lot more I could do these blocks  repeating.

Another angle from the same setup 
 The parts can then be reassembled into more Afghan looking compounds such as below.



I started the next step in basing yesterday on these GHQ Taliban as well as two more platoons of what will be Soviets


Here are the only parts I had to make with permanent walls. Each building-wall measures 15cm from corner to corner as do the stand alone corners. With just these few pieces I can do lots of variety. 


Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Great work Ben!! wonderful really wonderful. It will be awesome to see more making up a city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gowan! I have enough foam to make a few more if I need them. I was thinking this morning about making a mosque, that would be cool!
      Glad you like them.

      Delete
    2. a mosque would be awesome! I think you should give it a go, some mosques are really beautiful and others quite simple so you have a lot of options with that one.

      Delete
    3. True, there is a lot of variety with them. I may have to give it a try this afternoon :P

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks El Stevo!
      I think my setup above is a little too spread out still. I'll try some adjustments.

      Delete