Saturday, December 19, 2020

Turkish Special Forces and Arab Paramilitary

*Since there is understandably a lot of sensitivity around this topic, I an choosing to include this caveat to head off any unnecessary discussions. I am not "playing" with these figures; I am not glorifying this military unit; I am not making light of this atrocious conflict in general; I am a modeler. I model armies in miniature. I chose this unit to model because it is a challenge. The particular camouflage uniforms are difficult to paint well and the figures themselves required some modification in order to represent the appearance of the actual fighters. Comments making a big deal about this will be removed.*

Preface over. 

These figures represent FSA which has in recent years been shepherded by Turkish special forces advisors. A good representation of these units is not available with any single set of 15mm figures currently on the market, so I had to choose minis from several different manufacturers and modify some others. Most of the figures are from O8 miniatures (available in the US from PicoArmor) and Khurasan. The Turkish figures are Team Yankee Brits with Peter Pig heads. 

The camo is a mix of M81 woodland and Multicam. The Multicam was painted using the method I previously published (http://benssoldiers.blogspot.com/2016/12/painting-satisfactory-multicam.html).

Thanks for looking. I will be continuing my Early Medieval projects in the next update. Same geographic region, but 1000 years earlier ;)






 

2 comments:

  1. Such fine painting here, Ben. It's amazing how colourful figures in camo. can look.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I enjoy painting this type of camo because of the vivd colors.

    ReplyDelete