Saturday, November 6, 2021

Some Modern US Army - Work in Progress

I just wanted to post a quick update of what I'm working on. The Romans I showed last time were a bit of a chore, so I decided to do something completely different and revisit some Modern 20mm topics. For this I chose the old Vepa 1/72 US Army figures now sold by Empress. They are the best 20mm metal moderns - it's just too bad that most other ranges don't come close.  

For now I'm doing a squad in Universal Camouflage Pattern (the grey kind) and another in Multicam (the newer green camo). 


Here's an incomplete figure in Multicam. I used my old tutorial as a basis, but have added some additional fine washes and highlights. 



Here's a contrast between the two. I'm doing the UCP guys as 10th Mountain Division in Afghanistan in the mid 2000s, and the Multicam ones as contemporary 82nd Airborne. 






Designated marksman - I love this mini. 




Thanks for looking. 

2 comments:

  1. THey look really great- have you seen the Under Fire miniatures range of moderns? THey use the same sculptor.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been looking at their Russians. They seem to be pretty compatible.

      Delete